Are you looking to make a difference? Do you want to shape the course of Canadian communities? Do you like to have fun and enjoy collaborating with people? You might consider employment with
Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Huron.
We are hiring a Mentoring Coordinator
Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Huron is a non-profit community-based mentoring organization seeking a part-time Mentoring Coordinator, commencing mid August. Job hours are flexible, 14 hours per week, must be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends. Wednesday evenings during the school year is a requirement.
The primary responsibilities include planning and running our group program, Big Bunch, on a weekly basis (Wednesday evenings), along with casework management to volunteers, children and families in accordance with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Canada’s National Standards. Casework management will include intakes, training, matching and match monitoring.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
- A minimum two year post-secondary education in the related field of social work, child and youth worker, social or human services, or education. At least two years’ experience is also an asset.
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft office programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams) and web-conferencing platforms
- Strong and effective communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and make decisions
- Experience in the facilitation of Child Safety Programs and volunteer training
- Access to a reliable vehicle is essential, with a minimum of $1,000,000 liability insurance
- Current criminal reference check – vulnerable sector is required
Application Deadline – Friday July 17th, 2020
Please e-mail applications to Amy Wilhelm, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
Ignite Power. Ignite Change. #BIGGERTOGETHER